Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Seven things you don't know about me

1. I have a son, a daughter and five grandchildren ranging in age from nearly seven to one. They are, of course, perfect and the absolute delights of my life. To our knowledge, none has celiac disease.

2. I have reached a point where retirement is looking pretty sweet. My goals would be to see more of my grandchildren, travel, go back to some serious photography and write a novel in which the heroine is gluten free.

3. My son is a die-hard Mets fan and my daughter met her husband at Shea Stadium, where he works. So in solidarity, I am also a big Mets fan. Sometimes this is difficult because I live in a Yankee oriented environment. Go Mets.

4. I am taking a Tai Chi course and having a hard time learning to like it. I thought since I love yoga, I’d love Tai Chi but it’s just not working for me. I’ll keep trying. Yoga helps make me a happy, healthy gluten-free person.

5. I eat to live not live to eat, hate to cook but love to watch cooking shows. Following the gluten-free diet is, to me, a piece of cake.

6. My favorite television show is Mad Men. It brings me back to an era I lived through. Yes, folks, things like you see on the show did happen. Admittedly it is a bit exaggerated, but in business, those were not the days for the female portion of our society.

7. Today is my birthday. This is a really nice time of year to celebrate a birthday. Following up on a previous blog, I did get a seven-layer cake and the timing is perfect!

Ann

No comments: